Feel free to swap or add other vegetables such as, mange tout or sugar snap peas, green beans, pak choi, Chinese cabbage or spinach.
1. Par boil some of the vegetables. Slice the corn into diagonal small pieces, chop the broccoli into small florets, peel and trim the stalk and cut into batons. Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the corn and broccoli. Blanch for 2 minutes, drain and refresh in cold water. Drain and dry on kitchen towels.
2. Make the salad. Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the packet (for serving cold). Drain and add a little groundnut oil, set aside. Peel and slice the kohlrabi in half. Then slice again to make thin bite-size slices. Peel and trim the carrot, cut in half lengthwise and slice at an angel to make attractive bite-size pieces. Slice the pepper in half, trim out the stalk and membrane and cut slices. Cut these in half to make manageable pieces. Slice the radishes into thin discs. Wash and trim the spring onion, slice the white part thinly at an angle, then make larger diagonal pieces as the knife cuts into the green section. Use some of the green part but not all of it. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
3. Prepare herbs, chilli and peanuts. Wash and dry the coriander and other herbs (if using) and chop finely. Cut the chilli in to thin slices. Toast the peanuts in a dry hot pan for a couple of minutes until browned in places but not burned. Put the herbs, chilli and peanuts in separate bowls
4. Make the dressing. Peel the ginger and chop very finely. Add this to a bowl with the other ingredients and whisk to combine.
5. Serve the salad. Serve the salad with the dressing, bowls of coriander and other herbs (if using), chilli and peanuts on the side.